20 tartines everyone who loves sandwiches should eat
If you like sandwiches, then you'll love tartines! No matter what you decide to put on them, you will love these 20 tartine recipes!
What exactly are tartines anyway?
Tartines are basically the French version of open-faced sandwiches. More often than not the bread is toasted, and the toppings range from classic, such as smoked salmon or crushed avocado, to fancy, like sauteed creamy mushrooms or olive tapenade. Sometimes the entire tartine is placed under the grill for a few minutes before serving. You might also know them as bruschetta or crostini, but we think tartine sounds so much prettier!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.