STRAINED EYE BALLS
FRESH FROM THE OPTOMETRIST'S GARBAGE TO YOUR KITCHEN TABLE!
- 6 EGGS
- 1 (6OZ) TUB WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE
- 1 (7OZ) JAR GREEN OLIVES WITH PIMENTOS
- RED FOOD COLORING
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water. Cook over high heat until the water begins to boil. Then turn the heat to low and simmer (low boil) for 10 minutes.
Place the cooked eggs in cold water. When they're cool enough to touch, crack the eggshells all over by rolling them on a hard surface. Peel away the shells carefully and cut the eggs in half widthwise.
Remove the yolks from the eggs and fill the empty yolk holes with cream cheese. (You won't need the yolks for this recipe).
Press an olive into each cream cheese eyeball, pimento facing up, for an eerie green iris and startling red pupil!
For a final touch, dip the tip of a toothpick in red food coloring and draw broken blood vessels in the cream cheese. Your guests' eyes will pop when they spot these creepy peepers!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!