- Country bread
- Munster or raclette cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut a slice of country bread, about 3 cm thick.
Spread a thin layer of mustard and tomato and/or potatoes as desired.
Saute bacon and onions and set them down on the bread.
Add munster or raclette cheese to taste.
Place in oven and serve with an endive salad.
You'll also love
- Bacon & Tomato Grilled Cheese... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Glace 3.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Tofu McMuffin 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 3.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Overnight Breakfast casserole 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Smokies 2.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheese Stuffed Tofu 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Stuffed Chard Rolls 3.1/5 (328 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.