Stuffed Chard Rolls
- A corner of ham (or shoulder)
- 2 bunches Swiss chard
- Salt and pepper
- 4 onions
- 1 egg
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tray of ground meat
- Colombo powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the stuffing of ham, egg, chopped chard leaves, onions, salt, pepper, ground meat. Sprinkle colombo powder and knead by hand.
Make stuffing into the shape of sausages and wrap in raw chard leaves to make little packages. Cook over low heat in a large pot on a bed of fresh tomato and olive oil.
You'll also love
- Vegetable Puree 3/5 (210 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes 3.2/5 (213 Votes)
- Tofu and Chard Stuffed Pasta 3.1/5 (199 Votes)
- Chicken Fricasse 3.3/5 (196 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Pork Fillet with mustard and Ham 4.8/5 (74 Votes)
- Ham Terrine with Zucchini 3.2/5 (201 Votes)
- Chard Tart 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.