Cooking with ground meat - 8 recipes
Looking for uses for ground meat? Whether you're using ground turkey, beef, or chicken we have a lot of different recipes featuring ground meat.
If you like this, you'll definitely like: stuffed bell pepper recipe, meatloaf with parmesan cheese
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Top rated Ground meat recipes
Makes for the best spaghetti dinners!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®), or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
25 things you didnt know you could make in a crock pot
Just PREP your ingredients and PUSH the button, because we’ve rounded up 25 incredibly DELECTABLE things to do with a crock pot.
By Sophie , blog Le cahier gourmand de Sophie
Preheat oven to 400 F Cut all vegetables into cubes and cook in boiling water with a bouillon cube
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 4 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 12 oz (3/4 lb) ground meat
- scant 1 cup of white wine
- 1 onion
15 of your fave childhood meals all grown up
Remember when you used to hate tomatoes or only ate plain pasta? All that's changed now. Here are 15 kid meals adapted to grown-up tastes.
Place ground meat in a large bowl, add the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, mix vigorously
- 14 oz ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Garlic (4-5 cloves)
- Olive oil
- Salt / pepper (moderate amount)
Form meat into patties and cook in a pan with a little butter, cook bacon in same skillet (if not enough room, do s...
- 4 hamburger buns
- Ground beef (enough for 4 patties)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 slices of cheddar
- 1 onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Barbecue sauce and mayonnaise
- Meat kebab
Bye bye bolognese: lasagna like you've never seen it
If you hear 'lasagna' and immediately think 'bolognese', these mouthwatering ideas will open a whole new, wonderful world of lasagna making!
Stuffed Chard Rolls
Prepare the stuffing of ham, egg, chopped chard leaves, onions, salt, pepper, ground meat
- A corner of ham (or shoulder)
- 2 bunches Swiss chard,
- Salt and pepper
- 4 onions,
- 1 egg,
- 5 ripe tomatoes,
- 1 tray of ground meat,
- Colombo powder
Hot Tamale Soup
Brown and drain meat
- 2 lbs ground meat
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans corn
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes
- 3 cans beef broth
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 can of cream of mushroom
- 2 large cans of tamales, cut into bit size pieces
- 2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powdwer
Slow cooker chili
Combine all in slow cooker Cook on low 6 - 8 hrs or high 4 - 5 hours may need a little more liquid depending
- 2 14 oz can kidney beans rinsed
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes
- 1 lb lean ground meat cooked
- 1 lg sweet potato
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup kraft mango chipotle dressing
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
In a large bowl mix first 5 ingredients well
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds lean or extra lean ground meat
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!