15 of your fave childhood meals all grown up
Remember when you used to hate tomatoes or only ate plain pasta? All that's changed now. Here are 15 kid meals adapted to grown-up tastes.
© Dixie Chik Cooks
When you were a kid, bologna sandwiches probably consisted of a slice or two of bologna, American cheese and some mayo or mustard. Now's the time to dress it up a bit with this loaded sammy made with Texas Toast, avocado, mayo, mozzarella, fried onion strings/rings, lettuce and fried bologna. Add a nice drizzle of Sriracha, and you can say to your kids "I'll let you taste it when you're older."
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.