Italian Breaded Lemon Chicken
This lemon chicken is creamy salty and has just the right amount of flavor perfect for any meal
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Garlic minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- if using fresh lemon reserve some rind for garnish
- 3 tbsp capers
- 2 eggs and a bit of water or milk
- 1/4 cup your preferred type of cooking oil
- Salt-and-pepper to taste
- 1 tsp tarragon more if desired
- Two plastic bags. I use them to coat the chicken but they are not necessary.
- 1/2 pound of your favorite pasta cooked and drained.
- Optional parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put the oil in a sauté pan on low while you prepare the chicken. Trim and pound chicken breasts for even thickness throughout. In a bowl beat eggs with water or milk. Season the chicken breasts with salt-and-pepper. In one plastic bag put the flour. In another plastic bag put the breadcrumb. Put each chicken breast in the flour then dip it egg mixture. Evenly coat each chicken breast with the breadcrumb.
Add chicken to the sauté pan and sauté until crisped and cooked all the way through. You may need to turn the temperature up to medium once the chicken is added to the pan. This should take a few minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chicken. When the chicken is cooked completely take it out of the pan and set aside.
Drain oil from the pan. Put the pan on a low setting once again and add the 4 tablespoons of butter. Once butter is melted add capers, tarragon, garlic and lemon juice. Let simmer for about five minutes. At this point I test for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too lemony you may add more butter or water to taste. Once the sauce is to your liking add reserved chicken to sauté pan. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Serve over pasta.
You'll also love
- Chevada 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Meatballs with Tomato Sauce (for... 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Mushroom Chicken Casserole 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Ham salad 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Leah's Tiramisu 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Spinach and Potato Curry 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Artichoke Chicken Pasta 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.