Chicken in a Biscuit
By Maggie Sian
Pan fried breaded chicken breast on a biscuit topped with provolone cheese and a creamy sausage gravy.
- 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 8 4 ounce pieces.
- 1 pkg of refridgerated large biscuits 8 count
- 3 eggs whipped in a medium bowl
- 2 cups of flour. 1 medium bowl with 1/2 cup and remaining flour in another medium bowl
- Sausage gravy ..... see recipe
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Put biscuits in a preheated oven and bake accordingly to package directions.
On stove top. In a large skillet pour enough oil in pan to cover bottom. Heat oil to medium high heat . Slowly do not burn the oil.
While heating oil.
Add salt and pepper to the larger flour bowl to your taste. Can add season salt.
Pat dry chicken.
Dip a peice of chicken into the smaller amount of flour then egg mixture. Shake off any excess egg. Then dip chicken into the second flour mixture. Place on a plate untill ready to fry. Repeat until all peices have been coated.
In heated oil place each piece of chicken in it carefully. Let fry on each side for about 8 minutes depends on thickness let flour coating get golden and crispy. Tempature of chicken breast should be 168° before serving.
Cut buscuit in half.
Place fried chicken breast on the biscuit.
Place provolone cheese on chicken.
Cover with preheated sausage gravy.
Top with the othe half of biscuit.
You'll also love
- Grilled Hot Wings 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Herby Grilled Chicken 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Freezer Friendly Honey Rosemary... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Healthy chicken nuggets 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Mom & Pop's Creole Gumbo 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Veggie Wrap 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Mexican Breakfast Burrito 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Bar-B-Cups 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This cake is made of cookies, and takes only a few minutes to prepare!
2 cups of white chocolate
1 cup of cream
2 cups of dark chocolate
1 cup of cream
4/5 cup of milk