Sausage gravy recipes - 8 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Sausage gravy recipes
Cook sausage until done
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 c. milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/ stick of butter
By Maggie Sian
Creamy country gravy with mild sausage
- 1 lb of mild sausage fresher the better
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cups of flour
- 3 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Chicken in a Biscuit
By Maggie Sian
Pan fried breaded chicken breast on a biscuit topped with provolone cheese and a creamy sausage gravy
- 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 8 4 ounce pieces.
- 1 pkg of refridgerated large biscuits 8 count
- 3 eggs whipped in a medium bowl
- 2 cups of flour. 1 medium bowl with 1/2 cup and remaining flour in another medium bowl
- Sausage gravy ..... see recipe
S.O.S. Biscuits & Gravy
Delicious twist on biscuits and gravy
- 1 pkg link sausage
- sliced or diced
- 1 white onion
- 1 can of rotel
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cans of biscuits (8 ct)
Over MED heat, cook sausage and onions
- 1 lb. sausage meat
- or sausages with casing removed
- 2 tbs. onion
- finely chopped
- 6 tbs. flour
- 4 C. milk
- 1/2 teas. sage
- 1/4 teas. salt
- dash nutmeg
- dash hot sauce
- warm biscuits
BISCUITS AND GRAVY
Fluffy biscuits with creamy sausage white sauce
- 1 can of jumbo biscuits
- 1 9.6 oz or 1 LB of sausage mild
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 21/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Bourbon Smoked Breakfast
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
For sausage gravy, mix together equal parts grease and flour in a large pan until the flour is browned
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
- Bourbon Smoked Salt
- Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- A little bit of Bourbon Barrel Foods' Worcestershire
- Optional: eggs
- and/or bacon
The perfect hearty meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- 1 pound sausage