Sweet Seduction: 5 Homemade Jam Recipes to Try this Fall
Fall provides us with a heap of succulent, sweet-tasting fruits. From apples to blackberries, it's hard to make the most of them before they turn, but a quick and easy solution is jam. Here are our autumnal faves to be enjoyed during breakfast or alongside a baked good.
© Getty Images
Pumpkin Jam with Vanilla
Nothing says cozy fall times like pumpkin! It's also versatile, and can be used to make a number of tasty treats throughout the season. But have you ever tried to make jam with it? It's definitely worth a try — especially when a hint of creamy vanilla is mixed in.
Ingredients: (for 2 jars)
- 15 oz. pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground all-spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- In a medium saucepan, mix the pumpkin purée, orange juice, spices, and sugar.
- Using a sharp knife, split the vanilla bean in half lengthways. Use the tip of the knife to scrape out the seeds into the pan.
- The mixture should begin to boil. Cook while stirring constantly for 10 min. until the mixture has thickened.
- Transfer to sterile glass jars. Seal and refrigerate until ready to serve.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?