You Really Need to Know The Health Benefits of Eating Eggs
Did you know, June 3rd is National Egg Day? Read on to find out all the egg-cellent ways eggs can improve your health and well-being.
© Kilito Chan / Moment
Eggs Are Full of Nutrients
Some call eggs mother nature's super food, and they don't call them that for nothing! Eggs have been part of the human diet since the beginning of time, as our ancestors scavenged for and ate them.
They're full of essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, E, B5, B12, as well as iron which is good for your energy levels, and iodine which controls the way cells work.
An average serving of only 2 eggs contains just over 80% of your daily vitamin D requirements and a quarter of your vitamin B requirements. These vitamins help the body absord and store calcium and phosphorus which are good for bone strength. They also fight infections and boost our energy levels.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!