Our easy vegetarian gravy recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Top rated Easy vegetarian gravy recipes
Vegetable Manchurian gravy recipe
First prepare veg Manchurian balls
- Cabbage, finely chopped 1/2 cup
- Carrot, finely chopped 1/4 cup
- Beans, finely chopped 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour/ maida 1/2 cup, heaped
- Corn flour 2 tblsp, heaped
- Black Pepper powder 3/4 tsp
- Soya sauce 1 tsp
- Salt & water As needed Spring onion 4 sprigs
- Garlic, big variety 6 flakes, finely chopped
- Fresh red ripe chilli/ green chilli (optional) 2
- Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Soya sauce 1 & 1/2 tblsp
- Chilli Tomato sauce 1/4 cup
- Corn flour 1 & 1/2 tblsp
- Water 1 cup
- Oil 2 tblsp
- Salt As needed
- Optional ingredient : Aji-no-moto
This is an excellent gravy for thanksgiving that is easy to make
- 1 pkg vegetable soup powder
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp red wine
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch and 1/4 cup water
VEGAN BISCUITS AND GRAVY
This is a hearty meal that is made from scratch
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 1/4 cup soymilk and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 pkg dry mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup or cream of broccoli soup
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 pkg veggie ground
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 cup soymilk more as needed
- 2 tbsp cornstarch and 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!