A Taste of Turkey: The Country's Most Delicious Dishes
Turkey is not only home to beautiful beaches and the buzzing metropolis of Istanbul, it's also got a lot to offer in terms of its cuisine.
From flatbreads topped with minced meat and veggies, to vine leaves stuffed with rice and herbs, this country on the crossroads between Europe and the Middle East is full of food with true flavor.
From Beautiful Beaches to Börek
Turkey is not only home to beautiful beaches and the buzzing metropolis of Istanbul. The country also has a lot to offer in terms of cuisine. From flatbreads topped with minced meat and vegetables, to vine leaves stuffed with rice and herbs, you must explore Turkish cuisine.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture