Satisfying Meat-Free Lunches that Go Beyond Salad
Switch things up a little with these flavorful alternatives.
© The Modern Proper
Roasted Cauliflower and Hummus Bowl
Brighten up your day with this tasty bowl. Using hummus as the base, this dish is topped with roasted chickpeas, spiced cauliflower, carrot ribbons, micro greens, and fresh herbs. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!