VEGAN BISCUITS AND GRAVY
This is a hearty meal that is made from scratch. When I moved to Canada, I had to come up with my own pepper white gravy recipe because you can't get McCormick white gravy sauce. Canadians don't do biscuits and gravy for breakfast.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 1/4 cup soymilk and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 pkg dry mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup or cream of broccoli soup
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 pkg veggie ground
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 cup soymilk more as needed
- 2 tbsp cornstarch and 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Combine all wet ingredients for the biscuits. Combine all dry ingredients for the biscuits. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
On an oiled baking sheet drop batter the size and shape of a baseball. Let rise 30 min.
Preheat oven to 425*F. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
Saute marjoram, sage, and rosemary. Fry onions, mushrooms, and garlic for 10 minutes, until browned. Add veggie ground and cook 5 min. Add remaining gravy ingredients. Cook 5 min until thickened.
Pour gravy over biscuits to serve.
You'll also love
- Eggless Safe To Eat Cookie Dough 5/5 (1 Votes)
- VEGAN GRAVY 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Ravioli with Sage... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ma Bears Onion & Sage Stuffing 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- MY BREAKFAST BURRITO 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Lush pancakes without eggs (fried... 3/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe