Hash brown Perogie Smorgasbord
It's a very filling dish I came up with while pregnant with my first daughter. Has a little of everything but tastes great. Good for if you're looking for something different
- 1 bag Cavendish hashbrowns
- Small or large pack of ground beef, depending on how much meat you want
- 1 box of perogies, your choice in flavour
- 1-2 cans of pasta sauce, depending on how much you want,
- 2 med. onions diced (optional)
- 1/2 block shredded cheese, I use marble
- 1 Package of Stove top stuffing
- Bacon bits
- Any other seasonings or veggies you'd add to your meat mixture
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Pour small amount of pasta sauce on bottom of oven dish, enough to cover bottom of casserole dish
Cook your ground beef completely, drain your ground beef and run hot water over to get rid of the grease. Return to pan and add onion/veggies and spices to taste.
Cook hash browns until cooked. Add onion (optional)
Mix rest of pasta sauce with ground beef
Add perogies to oven dish, layer with thin layer of meat/pasta mixture.
Add hashbrowns, then remaining meat mixture. Add prepared stove top stuffing and spread over rest of mixture
Add some sauce over top if wanted
Spread shredded cheese and bacon bits over top. Bake in over for 30-40 minutes until perogies are cooked through.
Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes for cheese to settle.
Serve and enjoy!!!
The onions are optional. Make as much or as little as you would need to serve the amount of people. I like using the small breakfast sausages as well for extra meat along with the ground beef. All you do then is boil and cut them up then fry them and add them to the meat mixture.
You'll also love
- Famous BBQ Chicken 3.4/5 (111 Votes)
- Broccoli & Wild Rice Casserole 3.9/5 (74 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Mexican Beef Quinoa 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Sour Cream and Onion Easy Cheese... 4.7/5 (42 Votes)
- Hamburger Pie 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Simply Beef Enchiladas 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Hashbrowns 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.