The best homemade bacon bits recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: crispy bacon bits
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Homemade bacon bits recipes
Hash brown Perogie Smorgasbord
It's a very filling dish I came up with while pregnant with my first daughter
- 1 bag Cavendish hashbrowns
- Small or large pack of ground beef, depending on how much meat you want
- 1 box of perogies, your choice in flavour
- 1-2 cans of pasta sauce, depending on how much you want,
- 2 med. onions diced (optional)
- 1/2 block shredded cheese, I use marble
- 1 Package of Stove top stuffing
- Bacon bits
- Any other seasonings or veggies you'd add to your meat mixture
25 game-changing hot dog recipes for baseball season
We're smack dab in the middle of baseball season, so hot dog sales must be booming. Try these 25 amazing frankfurter recipes at home today!
Potato & Bacon Biscuit
Takes some time to make but the results are worth it!
- 600 g flour cakes and pastry
- 30 g yeast
- 1 tbs sugar
- warm milk
- 120 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 200 ml sour cream
- 250 g potatoes cooked in skin, peeled and shredded
- 300 bacon bits
50 sweet waffle ideas that'll change your brunches for good
Go above and beyond the maple syrup drizzle with these 50 creative waffles!
Bacon Mac and Cheese
Macaroni and cheese in a velvety sauce laced with bacon bits and gooey cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) Elbow macaroni
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- .25 cup (60 mL) Butter
- .25 cup (60 mL) Flour
- 1 tbsp (5 mL) Mustard powder
- 3.5 cups (875 mL) Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1.75 cups (425 mL) Grated Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) Grated Asiago
- 6 Slices Maple Leaf® Bacon cooked and cut in half 6 Slices Bacon cooked chopped
- Salt and pepper -