Mac & cheese - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Mac & cheese recipes
Nana's Mac & Cheese
Family recipes for baked Mac & Cheese always make the perfect comfort food
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 2 cups Macaroni
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese for topping
Bacon Mac and Cheese
Macaroni and cheese in a velvety sauce laced with bacon bits and gooey cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) Elbow macaroni
- 2 Cloves garlic
- .25 cup (60 mL) Butter
- .25 cup (60 mL) Flour
- 1 tbsp (5 mL) Mustard powder
- 3.5 cups (875 mL) Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1.75 cups (425 mL) Grated Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) Grated Asiago
- 6 Slices Maple Leaf® Bacon cooked and cut in half 6 Slices Bacon cooked chopped
- Salt and pepper -