Potato & Bacon Biscuit
Takes some time to make but the results are worth it!
- 600 g flour cakes and pastry
- 30 g yeast
- 1 tbs sugar
- warm milk
- 120 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 200 ml sour cream
- 250 g potatoes cooked in skin
- peeled and shredded
- 300 bacon bits
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 16mins
Cost Average budget
Mix yeast with little bit of warm milk and sugar and pour in the middle of the flour. let yeast rise.
Add egg, salt, butter, sour cream, shredded potato. work mixture with your hands into dough. let rise for 30 min.
Spread out on flour surface. cover with 1/4 of bacon bits. Fold. Spread out again and cover with bacon bits. Repeat two more times. Let rise 30 min.
Roll out on a flour surface 1 cm thick. Cut out round shapes. Let rise for 10 min. Pour beaten egg only on top of the biscuits, not sides to let them rise while baking.
Bake in oven at 420 F for 16 - 20 min, depending on the size.
Great as a game night snack.
You'll also love
- Hash brown Perogie Smorgasbord 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Healthy French Toast 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Dehydrator dried Apples & Cinnamon 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Chocolate Snacking Cake 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Broccoli Bacon Cheese Salad 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Potato Wedges 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Red Lobster Biscuits 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Table and Chairs Yorkshire Pudding 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!