Mrs. Cheney's Potato Rolls
Sweet fluffy dinner rolls with a buttery potato flavor.
- 1 large potato
- 5 cups flour
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup scalded milk, cooled to room temp
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup lard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook potato, peel and mash.
Crumble yeast into large bowl, add sugar, potato, milk, water, melted lard, and salt. Mix, then sift in flour.
Mix thoroughly with large spoon. (may not need all 5c flour)
Let stand in warm room until rises 2x size.
Place dough on floured board and knead well, adding flour as needed.
Roll to 3/4" thick and cut with biscuit cutter.
Place in greased pan, brush with melted butter, let rise to 2x size.
Bake at 450 degrees until done, (20-25 minutes)
You'll also love
- MULTI-GRAIN BREAD for Breadmakers 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Mom's Best Holiday Dressing 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Vazhaikkai Puttu 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Choreg (Armenian Easter Bread) 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Mother's Rolls 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- 2 Hour Buns 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Dinner Rolls - Bread machine 4.2/5 (107 Votes)
- Sticky Buns 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!