- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 and 1/2 C potato water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 and 3/4 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 7/8 C oil
- 2 and 1/2 C mashed potatoes (from above)
- 1 and 1/2 pkg of dry yeast
- 1/4 c milk
- 9 C flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Boil potatoes and reserve water. Mash potatoes in a large bowl. Combine warm potato water with yeast. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
Add flour 1 cup at a time. Dough should be sticky. Let rise to double in size inside an oiled bowl. Form rolls and place in oiled pan.
Let rolls double in size. Bake rolls at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!