Seminary Cake a.k.a Coffee Cake
Sister West made this all my freshman year of Seminary. I love it! It is so warm and comforting!
- Wisk Together:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a separate bowl sift together:
- 1 1/2 cups flower
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add wet ingredients to the sifted dry ingredients. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9 inch square pan.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Stir all ingredients together with a for-mixture should be crumbly. Sprinkle topping over cake batter, then cook and 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!