Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1cup white sugar
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Cream together in large bowl using electric mixer the margarine, sugar and eggs
Add the baking soda and sour cream and beat well
In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the sour cream mix and beat well
In a parchment paper lined square bakibg dish, pour half of the batter. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the top. Top with the rest of the batter
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cream Maple Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cake with Sour Cream 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Balls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Cheesecake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fish with Saffron Cream 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Almond and Pear Tart 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Casserole with Egg Noodles 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Bread Bowl Chipped Beef Dip 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!