These waffles are something our family enjoys for breakfast or dinner. They are filling and delicious!
- 1-1/2 C. sifted whole wheat flour 1 T. baking powder
- 2 tsp. sugar 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 2 eggs, separated
- 2 C. milk ` 6 T. margarine, melted
- 1/2 C. quick-cooking oats
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Sift first 5 dry ingredients into large bow. Beat egg yolks with milk and margarine in bowl. Add to flour mixture; beat until smooth. Add oats; mix well. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites gently. Bake in hot waffle iron using manufacturer's directions. Be sure to mix batter well before pouring each waffle to distribute oats.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?