Carol's mom's cinnamon buns
- 2 packages yeast in 1/2 cup luke warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil (shortning or margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Into mixing bowl, add milk, water, oil, sugar and salt.
Cool to lukewarm. Add yeast and enough flour to beat with a whisk until bubbles appear. Let rest covered 15 minutes until more bubbles appear.
Add 3 beaten eggs and flour, enough to make soft dough. Punch until it squeaks.
Let rise in warm place well covered until double in bulk.
Stretch 1/2 dough on table (oblong) apply butter or margarine generously, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Roll and cut into 1 inch pieces.
To prepare pans (foil) grease generously with margarine, sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
Place rolls in pans and let rise.
Bake 20 minutes or until done at 350 degrees.
(Foil pans prevent sugar from burning at bottom)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!