- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 8 cups flour
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cost Average budget
Start 2 tbsp. yeast into 1/2 cup lukewarm water. You do this by getting a bowl and putting 1/2 cup water into it, then sprinkle the yeast across the water and leave it to the side.
Next cream together the shortening, sugar and salt. Add 1 cup boiling water. Mix well. Add the yeast mixture.
Beat 4 eggs in a separate bowl. Add the eggs to the mixture. Add 8 cups of flour with 1 cup water, alternating a little water, a little flour.
Knead really well with your hands. Put some flour on the counter and push the dough back and forth. Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a towel and leave it alone in a warm corner of the counter for a couple hours.
The dough will rise. Grab a handful of dough and spread it out on a floured counter top. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut it into strips.
Tie the strips into knots. Put the knots on a cookie sheet and place the sheet on the counter. Cover with a towel and let rise for an hour or so. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Yummy Easy Butter Cookies 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Hash Browns Quicke 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Grandpa's Pickled Beets 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Bread Bowl, quick version 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Brownie Mix Cookies 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Breads- Naan Rotees 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage Rolls 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.
Review this recipe