Yummy Easy Butter Cookies
- 1) 8 oz. Butter at Room Temperature
- 2) 4 oz. Icing Sugar (Powder Sugar)
- 3) 18 oz. All Purpose Flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix butter and icing sugar in a bowl
Add the flour and continue mixing until dough is not too soft and not too hard
Shape the dough. Cookie cutters are optional.
Place parchment paper on tray and place cookies
Bake for 10 minutes
Add topping(s) of your choice
1) Add chocolate AFTER baking.
2) Add a tiny drop of jam (either before or after baking). Adding jam before baking will make it chewy.
3) Add almonds AFTER baking.
4) Put two cookies together to create a sandwich with filling inside.
5) Dip cookie sandwich in melted chocolate. Cover with toppings (sprinkles).
6) For melted chocolate, use baker's chocolate.
7) To melt chocolate, add a tiny amount of butter (less than 1/s tsp) and melt in the microwave.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.