Valentine's Day Sweetheart Cookies
- 1 C. butter or margarine
- 2-3 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C. flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 C. oatmeal
- 1/2 C. chopped walnuts or pecans
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Beat together in a large bowl: butter, cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar, vanilla. Beat again. Sift dry ingredients, and add to cream mixture. Mix well. Stir in oat, nuts; mix well. Chill for 3 hours or overnight. (Firmer dough is easier to work with.) Divide into 1" balls, then flatten with hands to thickness desired. Shape into hearts (pinch top, bottom). (Use saran wrap for rolling out. Use very little flour to help avoid sticking. Flatten dough as thin as possible.) Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool. Frost.
Pink Frosting: Combine 2C. sifted powder sugar, 2 T .softened butter or marg., 2 oz. cream cheese, 4 tsp. milk, 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add 2-3 drops red food coloring. Blend well.
You'll also love
- Lovers Balsamic Glazed Rack of... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Heart Cupcakes 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Nutella Ravioli 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Khoorabia (Armenian Butter Cookies) 3.9/5 (39 Votes)
- Rocky Road Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Super Simple Shortening Sugar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- My Favorite No Bake Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Traditional Peanut Butter Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.