Rocky Road Cookies
- 1 Pkg. Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 c. flour (more if needed)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 c. nuts (optional)
- Mini marshmallows
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400, then melt ½ c. chocolate chips and butter over double boiler or in microwave, heat and then cool. Mix remaining chips, eggs, sugar, vanilla and then mix. Then add the flour, baking powder and salt (nuts if you want). Add the cooled, melted chocolate mixture. Drop by tsp. 2 inches apart on and ungreased baking sheet. Press marshmallows into center of each. Bake 8 minutes or almost no imprint when trounced with finger. Remove from pan and enjoy, possibly with a glass of milk.
You'll also love
- Rocky Road 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Breadsticks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Raisins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cooked apples 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Coconut Oat Crusted Citrus Mango... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Croustades 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baby/Kid Friendly Vegetable Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Super Simple Shortening Sugar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!