- 1 T yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 1/2- 4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup soft margarine
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Soften yeast in warm water. Mix sugar, salt and about 3 cups of flour. Add water and yeast mixture and blend well, adding enough of the remanning flour to form a soft dough. Knead 3 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Coat cookie sheet with margarine. Put dough in the middle of the pan and press to outer edges. Spread topping over the dough. Cut dow the middle lengthwise. The cut across about every 1-1 1/2 inches. Let rise until double. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!