Mom Merrill’s Pizza Dough
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- ½ c. lukewarm water
- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 ½-1 ¾ c. flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dissolve yeast in ½ cup lukewarm water. Sift together 1 cup flour and salt. Add ¾ cup lukewarm water and oil. Stir, then add yeast mixture. Stir in flour to desired consistency. Let rise about 30 minutes in warm place. Grease jelly roll pan and press dough into pan. Put on toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
For a less "soggy" crust, poke holes in crust. Cook 8 min. at 450 degrees, then add toppings and bake 12 minutes.
You'll also love
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (109 Votes)
- Menezes Super Supreme Pizza 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Polka Dot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Ice Cream Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- GS Shootin Spanish Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!