GS Shootin Spanish Rice
Nice side dish for any Mexican or Tex-Mex meal.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of water
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
In large skillet, brown rice in shortening. Add onion and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
Add salt, chili powder, diced tomatoes, and water to skillet.
Cover and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes over medium heat, stirring every now and then.
Adjust the amount of chili powder to taste.
You'll also love
- Spinach Brown Rice Cereal! 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Spanish Leg of Lamb 2.2/5 (253 Votes)
- Spanish Corn cakes with tomato and... 3.6/5 (97 Votes)
- Spanish Rice 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Moms Spanish Rice 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potatoes Del-Monico 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice Krispie Treats 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!