Moms Spanish Rice
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- chopped onions and green peppers
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked minute rice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less)
- pepper to season
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2-1/2 cups tomato-vegetable juice
- Velveeta cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook veggies and meat. Drain. Combine all ingredients except cheese. Layer in baking dish with cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 min. Top with cheese and bake for 5 min.
You'll also love
- Baked Corn Chips 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Peanut Chicken 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Heather Rose's Pizza Casserole 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- bacon wrapped pork chops 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Maxx's Mixed Meatballs 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Wild rice cheese soup 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- MINI MEATLOAVES 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- SAUTEED LETTUCE AND PEAS 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!