- 1/2 pound of hot italian sausage,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 spanish onion,chopped
- 1 green pepper,chopped
- 1 small can of kraft pizza sauce
- 3 cups of cooked rice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
in a large non stick frying pan,brown sausage
add vegetables and saute for 2-3 mins. until sausage is cooked
stir in pizza sauce and rice
makes 4 servings
You'll also love
- Hamburger Pie 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Vegan Jambalaya 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Coke Cola Chicken 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Jiffy Corn Pudding 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Chicken biryani south Indian style 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- My Mom's Noodle Salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- sandwich with eggs and sausage 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!