Indian style rice variety that is lovable to eat & to empty the apple basket too!!!
- Green Apple - 1 medium sized (grated)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 10 Nos.
- Coriander leaves - 2 stems (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (grated)
- Big Onion - 1/2 (chopped)
- Tomato - 1/2
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder (jeera powder) - 1/4 tbsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Mutton masala (optional) - 1/4 tbsp
- Salt - To taste
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grate the green apple using a grater(grate very fast else apple will change its color).Cook for 4 min in a microwave adding a very few drops of water (or) cook in a pressure cooker (w/o whistle) with 1/4 cup water till steam starts releasing thro' the nozzle.
In a pressure cooker, add oil & when it is hot, add mustard, urad dhal, curry leaves, coriander leaves one by one. When these splutter, add the grated ginger at a low - medium heat (since ginger sticks to the bottom & gets burnt easily).
Add onions and fry till they are transparent.
Add tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy.
Add the half cooked, grated apple and fry for 2 min.
Add all the masala powders and salt & fry for another 2 min.
Now add the basmati rice and water.Cook for 2 -3 whistles in a medium heat.
Turn off the heat and wait for the pressure to be released.
Serve with any vegetarian / Non - veg fries.
You'll also love
- Molagai Podi/South Indian Chutney... 4.8/5 (7 Votes)
- Curry leaves powder 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Bites 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chilled Rice Pudding 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Mom's Creamy Light Risotto 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Pav bajji gravy 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Curried White Cabbage and Raisin... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Vegetarian Aloo Keema 4/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.