Our best indian vegetarian recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Indian vegetarian recipes
By bessie, From Bessie's Recipe Diary to the Kitchen
Indian style rice variety that is lovable to eat & to empty the apple basket too!!!
- Green Apple - 1 medium sized (grated)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 10 Nos.
- Coriander leaves - 2 stems (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (grated)
- Big Onion - 1/2 (chopped)
- Tomato - 1/2
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder (jeera powder) - 1/4 tbsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Mutton masala (optional) - 1/4 tbsp
- Salt - To taste
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
Paruppu urundai kuzhambu
By ranjaniskitchen, Ranjani's Kitchen
Paruppu urundai kuzhambu , Lentil dumplings cooked in tamarind water and chilli spices
- To make Lentil balls(Urundai) :
- Channa dal(kadalai paruppu) – ½ cup
- Red chilies – 4 nos
- Saunf(fennel seeds) – ½ tsp
- Hing( Perungayam) – a generous pinch
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Onion – ½ cup( finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- For Kuzhambhu:
- Big onions or shallots – ½ cup (chopped)
- Garlic flakes – 10 nos
- Tomatoes – ½ cup(Chopped)
- Tamarind – lemon size
- Kuzhambhu chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – handful( chopped)
- Salt – as needed
- To temper:
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Fenegreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves – few springs
Quinoa is an edible seed which is used in cooking like grains
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Sliced/Crushed Almonds - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/4 (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2-3 (chopped)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Coconut milk diluted with water - 2 cups
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblsp
- Cilantro - handful (finely chopped)
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Salt - as needed