Easy Apple Pie With a French Twist
Tarte aux pommes (or Apple pie) is a classic French dessert that's easy to prepare and inexpensive. Follow this guide to make your own!
1/9 View slideshow
Tarte aux pommes
More steaming articles
Lemon Meringue Tart The Best Stress-Free Cheesecake to Calm... How to make a delicious, gluten-free...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: French Tarte Tatin
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.