Curried White Cabbage and Raisin Gratin
By Pauline , blog On nem, on riz
- 1 white cabbage
- 1 tbsp curry
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 handfuls of raisins
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 F
Wash and cut the cabbage into four pieces. Fry in a little olive oil. Add the honey and curry. Salt and pepper. Simmer for a while on low heat.
Oil a baking dish. Mix the raisins with the pan-fried cabbage with curry and honey and pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with grated cheese.
Bake 20-25min. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Donas Amélias 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Summer Vegetable Gratin 4.1/5 (105 Votes)
- Carolyn's Hungarian Cabbage Rolls 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Simple Curry Chicken 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Delicious Broccoli and Sunflower... 3.9/5 (30 Votes)
- Dholl, Drum Stick and Salted Fish... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mango Cabbage Salad 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture