By Manuela Martins
- To make these little delights, you will need:
- 2 1/4 cups of butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups corn flour
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 3.5 oz raisins
- One end of candied orange peel
- Butter and flour for molds
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
How to: Sift the flour. Whisk the egg yolks with sugar until a smooth paste. Beat the egg whites until stiff and reserve.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cool. Add mixture to egg yolks and sugar with cinnamon, raisins, candied orange peel (cut into very small pieces) nutmeg, lemon zest and salt. Then add the butter, egg whites until stiff, flour and honey. Do not forget to beat the batter after each addition. Pour batter into muffin tins and bake, not too hot, for about 45 minutes. Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool slightly. Cover them with icing sugar and put into boxes. Taste!
You'll also love
- Italian Florentine Cookies 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Sami's Sweets 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Cinnamon Clove Rump Roast 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Nuts 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mayan Molten Chocolate Cupcakes 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Pears Poached in Red Wine 2.3/5 (134 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.
Review this recipe