Pears Poached in Red Wine
By Papillon Cindy
- 10 pears
- 4 1/4 cups of wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- Lemon zest
- White pepper grains
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 stick of cinnamon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Peel the pears and lemon zest.
- In a large saucepan, combine wine, pear peelings, lemon peel and spices.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pears, cover and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate for 24 hours minimum.
The next day: - Strain the juice through a chinois. - Reduce the juice by half and pour over pears.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.