- 3 cups of rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine crispy rice cereal in a bowl with coconut. Bring corn syrup, brown sugar, and peanut butter, and vanilla to a boil. Stir this into the cereal and coconut. Let cool. Shape into a birds nest and fill with jelly beans.
Great idea for Easter or spring time!
You'll also love
- Basic Peanut Butter Easter Egg... 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (142 Votes)
- Spring Vegetable tartar 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- banana roll 2.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Christmas Cherry Cookies 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Asian Sture Fry 2.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Oreo Cookie Cake 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Gramma Brett's Peanut Butter... 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.