Our favorite poached pear recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Poached pear recipes
Pears Poached in Red Wine
By Papillon Cindy
- Peel the pears and lemon zest
- 10 pears
- 4 1/4 cups of wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- Lemon zest
- White pepper grains
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 stick of cinnamon
How to make bananas last longer
Learn how to make your bananas stay ripe for longer!
SPICED CHOCOLATE PEAR TART
You look so good when you make this you could charge ten bucks per slice
- Poached Pears
- 3 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy, optional
- Chocolate Crust
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Spiced Chocolate Filling
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup whipping cream, or canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten