Our best pear desserts - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!
Top rated Pear desserts recipes
Puff Pastry Apple or Pear Tart
This dessert is too easy, making it very tempting and therefore dangerous
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2-3 apples or ripe pears, sliced into thin slices
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, whiskey, Grand Marnier, or other flavored liquor
Toss fruit with lemon juice and place in 8-cup (2 L) baking dish
- 4 cups fruit, peeled and sliced as necessary
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 114 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 114 cup butter