- 4 cups fruit
- peeled and sliced as necessary
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 114 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 114 cup butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Toss fruit with lemon juice and place in 8-cup (2 L) baking dish. In bowl, mix together oats, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly.
Sprinkle over fruit. Bake in 350F (180C) oven for 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
Use apples, peaches, pears, apricots, plums, pitted cherries or a mixture of fruit for this ever-popular baked dessert. Add some raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries or chopped candied ginger if you like. The fruit doesn't usually require sugar, but if it's too tart, sweeten with sugar or a drizzle of honey. The topping can be varied by adding chopped hazelnuts, sliced almonds or sesame seeds; or replace the oats with granola.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Passion Fruit and Strawberry Creme... 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Puff Pastry Apple or Pear Tart 3.7/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This easy dessert is melt-in-your-mouth YUM!
3/5 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of flour
1.25 cups of almond flour
1/2 cup of butter
2/5 cup of water
1/4 cup of sugar