Easy moist chocolate cake
A easy to make and super moist chocolate cake
- A easy to make and super moist chocolate cake
- 1) 2 cups flour
- 2)3/4 cup Hershey cocoa
- 3)2 cups sugar
- 3)2 tsp baking soda
- 4)1 tsp baking powder
- 5)3 large eggs
- 6)1 tsp salt
- 7)1 cup of milk or buttermilk
- 8)1 cup vegetable oil
- 9)1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10)1 cup hot water
- 11)1 pack Cool whip for frosting (optional)
- 12)chocolate chips and Nuts for decorating (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1) Grease a 9 by 12 pan with vegetable oil/shortening and dust with little flour.
2)Heat oven to 300 F
3)In a large bowl sift 2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cup Hershey 's coco, 2 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of baking powder and 1 tsp salt.
4) Add 3 eggs one at a time while slowly mixing with spatula.Add 1 cup milk, 1 cup oil,1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.Mix well with spatula.
5)Lastly add the warm (not boiling) 1 cup of hot water and mix well. Mixture may seem runny but don't worry,the hot water is the trick to make moist sponge cake.
6)Bake at 300 F for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a skewer put into the middle of the cake comes clean.
7)Let it cool completely before taking out of baking pan and frosting and decorating.
8)Put 1 pack of Fat free/sugar free cool whip as frosting (or Hershey's chocolate syrup) on top of cake and in between the cake (when its cut into two slices) and decorate with chocolate chips and nuts.
You'll also love
- sugar free shake 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- American Gingerbread Cookies 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pear Shortbread with Green Tea Foam 3/5 (211 Votes)
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes (No Onion) 3.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Rainbow Cake Pops 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Butter Frosting 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Korean Style Spinach with... 3.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Coffee Viennese 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!