A perfect after-dinner coffee that's rich enough to be dessert. Make the chocolate syrup ahead for unexpected guests.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh, strong brewed coffee
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Combine chocolate, sugar, orange rind, orange juice and cinnamon in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat until smooth – stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm. Fold in whipped cream. This can be covered and refrigerated for up to one week.
To serve, brew desired amount of coffee. Spoon 2 tablespoons of chocolate mixture into each cup for every 6 ounces of brewed coffee and stir to blend. Top with additional whipped cream and garnish with an orange peel curl if desired. Makes 15 8-ounce cups of coffee.