Hot drink recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Hot drink recipes
Easy Chai Tea
Place the cardamom, cloves, and peppercorns in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a heavy skillet
- 8 cardamom seeds
- 8 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 bags black tea (such as Darjeeling)
- 8 teaspoons sugar or more, to taste
10 things to cook with leftover Champagne
Got a few bottles of Champagne leftover from New Year's? Add it to your cooking for sublime results! Here are some ideas to get started.
Chai Tea Mix Recipe
This is a great holiday drink mix that yields 32 (8 ox
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 1-1/2 cups powdered vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Wine etiquette 101: What to bring when you're attending and what to serve when you're the host
Never know which wines to bring to certain gatherings or which ones to serve when you're the host? This guide has got you covered!
Creamy Hot Cocoa
Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
A perfect after-dinner coffee that's rich enough to be dessert
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh, strong brewed coffee
5 Things You Should Never Do With Wine
With the holiday season social calendar filling up, it's important to look after your guests! Ensure you aren't making these top mistakes...
homemade russian tea
By european cutie, European Cutie
I always remember when i could not fall asleep my grandma katrina would always make me homemade tea and we would ta
- 1 ½ tbsp of loose black tea leaves
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar
- 8 whole cloves
- Grated rind of one medium orange
- Juice from 4 oranges
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Water (5 cups + 8 cups)
"Sick as a Dog" Herbal Tea
For colds, sore throats, and everything that ails you- this is the perfect feel-better tea
- dried maypop
- dried chamomile blossoms
- fresh aloe leaf
- fresh parsley
- honey to taste
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!