Hot drink recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Top rated Hot drink recipes
Easy Chai Tea
Place the cardamom, cloves, and peppercorns in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a heavy skillet
- 8 cardamom seeds
- 8 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 bags black tea (such as Darjeeling)
- 8 teaspoons sugar or more
- to taste
10 things to cook with leftover Champagne
Got a few bottles of Champagne leftover from New Year's? Add it to your cooking for sublime results! Here are some ideas to get started.
Chai Tea Mix Recipe
This is a great holiday drink mix that yields 32 (8 ox
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 1-1/2 cups powdered vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Wine etiquette 101: What to bring when you're attending and what to serve when you're the host
Never know which wines to bring to certain gatherings or which ones to serve when you're the host? This guide has got you covered!
Creamy Hot Cocoa
Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
A perfect after-dinner coffee that's rich enough to be dessert
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- strong brewed coffee
5 Things You Should Never Do With Wine
With the holiday season social calendar filling up, it's important to look after your guests! Ensure you aren't making these top mistakes...
homemade russian tea
By european cutie, European Cutie
I always remember when i could not fall asleep my grandma katrina would always make me homemade tea and we would ta
- 1 ½ tbsp of loose black tea leaves
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar
- 8 whole cloves
- Grated rind of one medium orange
- Juice from 4 oranges
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Water (5 cups + 8 cups)
"Sick as a Dog" Herbal Tea
For colds, sore throats, and everything that ails you- this is the perfect feel-better tea
- dried maypop
- dried chamomile blossoms
- fresh aloe leaf
- fresh parsley
- honey to taste