The best ideas for hot drinks - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Hot drinks recipes
Chai Tea Mix Recipe
This is a great holiday drink mix that yields 32 (8 ox
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 1-1/2 cups powdered vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Wine etiquette 101: What to bring when you're attending and what to serve when you're the host
Never know which wines to bring to certain gatherings or which ones to serve when you're the host? This guide has got you covered!
Welcome Autumn Apple Cider
Hot, homemade, fill your house with the best scent ever and invite everyone over apple cider
- 8-10 apples (I use a mixture of gala
- and jonathan)
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 4 T. cinnamon (or 4 sticks)
- 4 T. allspice
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1 clove
How to make a homemade hot chocolate kit
By Nadia - Paprikas
What a PERFECT way to spoil your loved ones for COLD winter evenings!!!
Creamy Hot Cocoa
Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream