Old-Fashioned Pies & Cobblers Everyone will Love
Hello, glorious pie season!
1/23 View slideshow
© The Candid Appetite
Caramel Apple Slab Pie
This is the perfect pie to make when you have guests over. Cut into squares, this dessert is filled with tender apple slices, sweet caramel, and buttery, flaky crust. On second thought, you might not want to share. Find the recipe here.
More steaming articles
42 Cheesy Recipes that are Ooey Gooey... 10 foods for a brighter smile Beautiful Fruit Pies for Summertime...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Comment on this article