Thin Mint Truffles
- 1 package Keebler's Grasshopper Cookies
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese, slightly softened
- 8 oz Guittard's green mint chips *
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a food processor, pulse the Thin Mints a few times, and them blend them down until they are just crumbs. It might be easier to do this in two batches. Next, mix in the cream cheese and crumbs together in a bowl until well incorporated. Roll the mixture into 1 inch size balls, and place them on a wax paper covered baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for about 30 minutes, so the balls are easier to dip in the chocolate and do not fall apart.
Once the truffles have been in the fridge for a while, melt the green mint chips in a microwave safe bowl. Roll half of the truffles in the green mint chocolate, and place them back on the wax paper. Melt the white chocolate and roll the remaining truffles. Once they have dried a little, place the remaining white chocolate in a small zip lock bag and cut a tiny bit of one corner off the bag. Start small at first, then if you need, make the hole a little larger.
Drizzle the white chocolate over the green truffles. Do the same with the mint chocolate over the white truffles. Place the baking sheet back in the fridge so that the chocolate can set.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.7/5 (92 Votes)
- Bacon Peanut Butter Strips 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Holiday Hot Chocolate 3.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Chip Cookies 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Selle de Lapin Faci aux Pruneaux... 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Carrot salad with mint 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffles 2.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Mint Chutney 2.9/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.